Thursday, March 24, 2016

Question Words

A chart with Question Words in English using cartoons to help explain them.


There are two types of questions in English.
1. Yes/No questions use the auxiliary verb To Be or To Do and can be answered by a simple Yes/No and the auxiliary.
Example:
A: Are you a student?
B: Yes, I am/ No, I'm not
A; Is he your brother?
B: Yes, he is/ No, he isn't

A: Do you like your new teacher?
B: Yes, I do/No, I don't
A: Does she likes pizza?
B: Yes, she does?No, she doesn't

2. Wh-questions are those that ask for complete information and use question words (Wh words) at the beginning of the question plus the auxiliary verb To Be or To Do or To Have (perfect tenses)
Example;
A: Where are you from?
B: I'm from the United States/ I'm American
A: What does your father do? = What does your father do for a living?
B: He is a teacher.
A: Why isn't she coming to class today?
B: Because she feels sick.
A; What have you been doing lately? (present perfect continuous)
B: I have been studying for my exams (present perfect continuous)

No comments:

Post a Comment