Wednesday, April 29, 2015

WE Level 05

WE LEVEL 5
CEVAZ
REVIEW

Using the words in parentheses, complete the text below with the appropriate tenses Simple Present or Present Progressive.

1. Every Monday, Sally (drive)__________  her kids to football practice.

2. Usually, I (work)_________  as a secretary at ABT, but this summer I (study) __________ French at a language school in Paris. That is why I am in Paris.

3.Shhhhh! Be quiet! John___________ (sleep) .

4. Don't forget to take your umbrella. It______________ (rain) .

5. I hate living in Seattle because it _______________(rain, always) .

6. I'm sorry I can't hear what you (say) ____________ because everybody (talk)___________  so loudly.

7. Justin (write, currently)__________________  a book about his adventures in Tibet. I hope he can find a good publisher when he is finished.

8. Jim: Do you want to come over for dinner tonight?
Denise: Oh, I'm sorry, I can't. I (go)________________  to a movie tonight with some friends.

9. The business cards (be, normally )_________________  printed by a company in New York. Their prices (be)_______  inexpensive, yet the quality of their work is quite good.

10. This delicious chocolate (be) _______ made by a small chocolatier in Zurich, Switzerland.

Complete the following sentences in Simple Future (will or be going to) plus the verb in parentheses.
1. A: Why are you holding a piece of paper?
B: I (write) _____________ a letter to my friends back home in Texas.

2. A: I'm about to fall asleep. I need to wake up!
B: I (get) _____________ you a cup of coffee. That will wake you up.

3. A: I can't hear the television!
B: I (turn) ______________it up so you can hear it.

4. We are so excited about our trip next month to France. We (visit) ____________Paris, Nice and Grenoble.

5. Sarah (come) ______________to the party. Oliver (be) will be there as well.

6. Ted: It is so hot in here!
Sarah: I (turn) ______________the air-conditioning on.

7. I think he (be)______________ the next President of the United States.

8. After I graduate, I (attend) ____________ medical school and become a doctor. I have wanted to be a doctor all my life.

9. A: Excuse me, I need to talk to someone about our hotel room. I am afraid it is simply too small for four people.
B: That man at the service counter (help) ______________ you.

10. As soon as the weather clears up, we (walk) ______________down to the beach and go swimming.

B.- Complete the following sentences using the Simple Past form of the verb in parentheses.

1. It was warm, so I ___________ off my coat. (take)

2. The film wasn't very good. I ____________ it very much. (not/enjoy)

3. I knew Sarah was very busy, so I___________  her. (not/disturb)

4. I was very tired, so I __________ to bed early. (go)

5. The bed was very uncomfortable. I__________  very well. (not/sleep)

6. Sue wasn't hungry, so she__________  anything. (not/eat)

7. We went to Kate's house but she _________ at home. (not be)

8. It was a funny situation but nobody___________  (laugh)

9. The window was open and a bird___________  into the room. (fly)

10. _______ you _________(understand)  yesterday’s English lesson?

C.- Write the correct form of going to or will to complete the dialogue.
LAURA: What are you doing this weekend, Jan?
TANYA: I ____________________ (see) a new play tomorrow at the Royal Court theater.
LAURA: Have you got the tickets yet?
TANYA: NO, I ___________________  (get) them this afternoon, actually. Would you like to come?
LAURA: Oh, thank you, that would be nice.
TANYA: OK, I ___________________ (get) you a ticket too.
LAURA: Great ... what time does it start?
TANYA: Eight o'clock, but we __________________________ (all meet) in the Green Cafe  at 7.15.
LAURA: OK, I_____________  (meet) you in the cafe, but, I _____________ (be) there around 7.30.
TANYA: That's fine.
LAURA: Oh, one other thing ... I've got no money at the moment... I__________  (pay) for the ticket on Saturday. Is that OK?
TANYA: Yes, that's OK, no problem.
LAURA: Great! Why don't we go eat something in the restaurant?
TANYA: That's a good idea. I__________  (phone) the others and see if they want to come too.
LAURA: Good, and I ____________  (book) a table for us.
TANYA: Great! I _______________  (meet) you there in a moment.

D.-Match each normal adjective with an emphatic adjectives from the list below.
                                                                             
Good______________   Tired_____________ Old______________ Bad____________

Empty_____________ Big___________            Clean____________ Dirty_____________

Scary____________ Pretty____________  Ugly_____________ Small____________         
                                              
Fascinating        Tiny       Terrifying           Spotless              Deserted            Exhausted         
Gorgeous           Horrible              Filthy                    Immense            Ancient                               Terrible

No comments:

Post a Comment